Does America need a “prophet,” a man of God today who will be a faithful and true voice for God, calling the people of our nation to repentance and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ? Saying as he goes, “Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) and preaching the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Do we need a man who will walk from town to town and city to city and preach the gospel in the town squares and in the center of the cities where the people gather – calling them to repentance and faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?
Does America need a man who will cry aloud and spare not in our city streets, boldly proclaiming the Word of the Living God, denouncing the sins of our religious and political leaders as well as the people…sins such as the
- “people calling evil good and good evil” (Isaiah 5:20)
- “decreeing iniquitous decrees, and the writers who keep writing oppression,” (Isaiah 10:1 ESV)
- who in in “their hearts devise injustice, and their hands mete out violence on the earth,” (Psalm 58:2)
- “who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent.” (Isaiah 5:23)
- “who commit rebellion and treachery against the LORD, turning their backs on our God, fomenting oppression and revolt, uttering lies their hearts have conceived,” (Isaiah 59:13)
- denouncing those who “are the teachers of the law and Word of God. Who like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues, churches, cathedrals and love the places of honor at banquets.” (Luke 20:46)
Does America need a man who is so bold as to call such leaders and people to Biblical repentance and faith in Christ while there is still time and it is not too late?
This “prophet” “man of God” needs to:
- Cry out as the prohet Amos did, “let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.” (Amos 5:24 ESV),
- or as Jeremiah preached, “Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of his oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the alien, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place.” (Jeremiah 22:3)
- or as Micah told the people, “He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8)
This “prophet’s” or man’s message to God’s people directly would be “if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (II Chronicles 7:14 ESV). I understand these words were spoken to Israel, the people and land of God” however the same God of Israel is the same God of our generation and day and if collectively God’s true chosen, elect people in America would do what II Chronicles states I believe God would bless our land again in ways we can not even imagine. In James 4:10 it is written, “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. ” Maybe I am wrong about this but I stand on the Word and eternally proven character of God as I write my comments. “Let God be true though every one were a liar.” (Romans 3:4 ESV).
So, do you think things have degenerated to such a state in our country politically, socially, and economically as well in our churches that such a man is needed for such a time as this?
May God have mercy on us all! May God have mercy on America!
I welcome your response.
Humbled by His great love!
Just a Pilgrim,
If you need ministry or prayer my email address is email@example.com and my phone number is (267) 357-1292. Also, if you would like me to come and speak to your church or group please call me to discuss the particulars.